ABC Hosts Contest for Coveted Spirits, Including Pappy Van Winkle
The Alabama Beverage Control Board is hosting a statewide sweepstakes throughout the month of October in which winners will be granted a place in line to purchase highly desired liquors including Pappy Van Winkle, one of the most sought-after bourbons in the United States.
The event will be held across eight ABC Select Spirits Stores, including Tuscaloosa's McFarland Boulevard location. There will be 100 winners drawn for each participating store, and each winner will earn a guaranteed place in line to purchase their liquor of choice.
While the contest doesn't necessarily ensure winners will receive their first choice of product, it does ensure they can purchase one of several highly sought-after products -- Winners will have the option to purchase one bottle from a selection of the most desired spirits, or two bottles from a second selection of valuable, but less highly demanded beverages.
The contest is ongoing and ends on October 25th at 5 p.m. All sweepstakes participants will be notified of their status by October 28th. The purchasing will take place on the morning of Monday, November 9th, and winners must be present or else forfeit their place in line. The first 25 random names selected as winners will be allowed to begin registration at 8 a.m.
To learn more about the sweepstakes, visit the ABC Board website.
Per the ABC Board, the participating locations are as follows:
- Auburn, AL (Store #4) – 1199 S. Donahue Dr.
- Fairhope, AL (Store #67) – 160 Baldwin Sq.
- Hoover, AL (Store #58) – 3232 Galleria Cir., Ste. 110
- Madison, AL (Store #53) – 8115 Hwy. 72 West
- Montgomery, AL(Store #175) – 2786 Eastern Blvd.
- Mountain Brook, AL(Store #55) – 201 Rele St.
- Theodore, AL (Store #87) – 6941 Bellingrath Rd.
- Tuscaloosa, AL (Store #102) – 3420 McFarland Blvd. East