Tuscaloosa Tuesday: Contract Awards, Street Renaming, and Liquor Licenses
Each week, the governing bodies in the City of Tuscaloosa hold meetings to discuss municipal business. Before the entire council convenes, various committees meet to discuss certain topics.
The following are a few of the topics to be discussed today.
From the Council Public Projects Committee Meeting Agenda:
- Authorization of termite bonds with DC Scientific Pest Control, Burnum-Hahn Exterminators, and Cooks Pest Control for all necessary City facilities
- Approval to award exclusive vending rights to Coca Cola at all City of Tuscaloosa facilities
From the Council Administration and Policy Committee Meeting Agenda:
- Amendments to City of Tuscaloosa Personnel Act
- Authorization for the Mayor to declare a State of Emergency
Other items of particular public interest include the following:
- The renaming of 35th Street to Investigator Dornell Cousette Street.
- The renaming of Trevor S. Phillips Avenue to Officer Trevor S. Phillips Avenue
- Approving the ABC application for an alcohol license at Legends Tobacco, address of 5628 University Blvd. East. The establishment requests an off premises retail beer license as well as an off premises retail table wine license.
- Approving the ABC application for an alcohol license at Cheers Wine and Spirits, address of 8200 Highway 69 South, Ste B. The establishment requests a lounge retail liquor license.
- Approving the ABC application for an alcohol license at Local Roots, address of 1665 North McFarland Blvd. The establishment requests a restaurant retail liquor license.
Agendas for each council committee meeting as well as the full Tuscaloosa City Council may be found by clicking here.
It is important to know what's going on in the city as well as how to navigate the systems of operation for all voices to be heard and for needs to be equally met.
To know who represents you, you must first know the district in which you live. Click here for an interactive map.
Once you're aware of your district, click here to find out who represents you and how you may contact your representative.
8 Ways To Have A Great Work Week