Road Conditions: Tuesday, February 16
UPDATE (12:05 p.m. Feb. 16) – The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency updated road conditions for counties in West Alabama, indicating that almost all areas are clear. But, there are still some problem areas that need to be considered when choosing to travel.
Motorists should still avoid traveling unless it's absolutely necessary.
Here's a list of counties and their conditions:
- Sumter – All county roads and bridges should be considered impassable
- Pickens – All roads are now passable but caution is advised
- Tuscaloosa – All roads are clear
- Bibb – All roads are clear
- Dallas – All roads are clear
- Greene – All roads are clear
- Hale – All roads are clear
- Marengo – All roads are clear
- Perry – All roads are clear
- Wilcox – All roads are clear
For more information and updates from the ALEA, follow them on Twitter here. For information and updates from the Alabama Department of Transportation, follow their West-Central Region Twitter account here.
A winter storm made its way across West Alabama yesterday, dropping freezing rain and causing icing issues on bridges and roadways. After a night of extremely cold temperatures and snowfall, many roads still present significant issues for drivers.
The Alabama Department of Transportation is treating roads throughout the West Central region this morning, and currently all state-maintained roads are passable except for those in Pickens County.
ABC 33/40 and Townsquare Media Tuscaloosa Chief Meteorologist James Spann encouraged residents to use extreme caution when traveling today.
Inundated with questions about roads. Snow and black ice are an issue. Beyond that, I can't be really specific. I...
Townsquare Media Tuscaloosa Traffic Reporter "Captain" Ray Allen received reports of icy conditions on the following roads this morning:
- US 43 Near CR 38
- US 43 Old Fayette RD
- US 43 Holcomb RD
- Al 69 Guy RD
- Al 69 Sherman Bolton RD
- Al 69 Goodwater RD/ Northside RD
- Al 69 Turkey Creek RD
- Al 69 Cain RD
- Al 171 Near Mormon RD
- Al 171 Old Moores Bridge Rd
- Al 171 Lazy Creek RD
- US 82 From Miss ST line to Tuscaloosa Co. Line
- All County RD in Pickens Co
If you have travel issues to report, contact "Captain" Ray at (205) 886-8886.