First Time Parent? Here’s A Few Tips
Becoming a parent is one of the most excited and nerve racking things I've ever been through. My baby is due in less than a month and I can't help but wonder if there's some blueprint to being a good parent, especially since this is my first child!
On a recent flight home, I happened to sit by a couple who was flying with their 4 month old son and it was their first child. I couldn't help but ask them for a few tips and here's what they told me:
- Coffee will be your best friend!
- "Skin To Skin Contact" helped the father bond with the baby
- Enjoy the good moments and learn to be ok with the not so good moments
- Babies aren't as fragile as you may think
- Things get easier after the first two months
I've of coursed researched tips online for first time parents but the tips this young couple gave me really helped me be more at ease especially about the baby being fragile! lol. If you have any tips I'd love to hear them. Shoot me a message on Instagram @BigDawgDreDay!