Diabetes-Related Organizations Suggest Guidelines on COVID-19 Prevention
Diabetics are said to be the most vulnerable when it comes to how COVID-19 affects the body. So, two-thirds of the world’s leading diabetes organizations have released suggested guidelines on COVID prevention for people with diabetes.
They include the following:
- Establish and maintain strict personal hygiene.
- Minimize physical interaction with others.
- Minimize risk when in public.
- Make work as safe as possible.
- Maximize baseline physical and mental health.
- Set yourself up for success with diabetes management.
- If you get sick, get treated quickly.
Most people with diabetes are well aware that the condition makes them more susceptible to other ailments such as heart disease, periodontal issues, etc. So, proper management of blood sugar levels is critical on an everyday basis, made even more important by the coronavirus.
For more information on each of these recommendations and a variety of other articles, downloadable graphics, videos and links to additional resources provided by diabetes-related organizations, visit coronavirusdiabetes.org.
Social Distancing Personalities According To Your Zodiac Sign
Social Distancing Zodiac